Every time you make an expression that raises your brow, the lines of your forehead become more pronounced. It’s a natural thing, and over time those same lines start to appear without making any movement. Forehead lines or wrinkles are among the most common signs of facial ageing, making them one of the most common issues our patients at Luxe Lips want solutions for.
Forehead wrinkles naturally develop as we age, but sometimes we just want to stave off those signs of ageing for a while. We want to look fresh, young, and revitalised. Good thing our Luxe Lips Specialists have just the solution for that.
What causes forehead wrinkles?
Forehead wrinkles are also known as “dynamic wrinkles.” These appear only when you do certain facial expressions that create movement in the forehead. This is why they are called “dynamic”: they come from how the brow furrows and eyebrows are raised, causing these lines to appear constantly.
As you age, collagen and elastin in the skin break down. This makes the lines turn from dynamic to static, leaving behind permanent lines even when you’re not making any expressions at all. While forehead wrinkles cannot be prevented entirely, proper skin care and nutrition help minimise their severity.
How can I minimise forehead wrinkles?
Taking care of your skin, even from an early age, can help delay the onset of wrinkles. Some things that you should remember are the following:
- Eat a balanced diet. This cannot be stressed enough. Your general health and wellbeing affects both your physical fitness and your appearance. Make sure you get the right amount of Vitamin C and Omega-3 fatty acids–these are good for maintaining collagen production.
- Stay hydrated. It’s such a basic thing to do but so easy to forget but drinking the right amount of water on a daily basis helps greatly. Just remember that the quantity can vary per individual but the 8×8 rule (8 x 8oz glasses) is a good place to start.
- Staying out of the sun. Exposure to UV rays quickens ageing and damages collagen. Always use sunscreen as it is another way to mitigate sun exposure and shield your skin from UV light.
- Don’t smoke/Stop smoking. Smoke and air pollutants also break down collagen and prematurely age the skin. If this is non-negotiable for you, at least consider cutting down or being more mindful of how your care for your skin.
How can forehead wrinkles be corrected?
Luxe Lips specialists are equipped to treat those forehead wrinkles in a snap! We have different options for how to manage forehead wrinkles. To make sure you’re getting the best treatment for your needs, you can discuss the procedures with our specialists.
These are the treatments we use to help erase those unwanted wrinkles:
- Botox. This is a safe and common treatment for eliminating those pesky forehead wrinkles. It temporarily relaxes facial muscles around the forehead and the eyes to keep them from contracting. Botox injections usually last around 3-4 months.
- Laser Skin Resurfacing. The top layer of dead skin cells and irregular or damaged skin are removed using focused laser pulses. Collagen production improves, helping to restore the skin’s healthy and natural look.
- Chemical Peel. The top layer of dead and dry cells is removed using a special chemical treatment to exfoliate your face. This reveals the smooth, new skin underneath and increases collagen production. Chemical peels also result in a more even skin tone and fewer wrinkles. The results from this procedure can last for years if maintained properly.
- Dermal fillers. We have a variety of injectable dermal fillers available. These gel-like products restore volume to the lost skin from collagen breaking down over time. Dermal fillers can last from 6 months to 2 years, depending on the filler used.
While ageing is a natural part of life, we might not always welcome the signs it leaves on our faces. Healthy lifestyle choices help keep your skin looking fresh and smooth. Keep in mind that things such as alcohol and excessive amounts of sugar also affect the texture of your. Being more mindful of your diet and habits can bring plenty of benefits in the long run.
Should cosmetic enhancement be among your considerations for aiding in restoring your youthful glow, we’re always ready to help. Just book an appointment at your soonest convenience. Let’s work on finding the perfect treatment together. See you soon!